Thursday, August 9, 2007

sisters and backrolls

YAY! so apparently Stacy is reading my blog. Thanks sis!

So I attempted my first heelside backroll on the boat last night. it was AWESOME. first attempt sucked, and i pretty much landed on my head. good thing it was in water. Second attempt was SWEET!! i didnt land it, but i did get the rotation all the way around. My friend Will got it on video so as soon as he sends it to me, i'll get it up for everyone's viewing pleasure. For you wakeboarding novices out there (and me about a week ago) a backroll is basically like a cartwheel, gainer style. You approach the wake heelside (i'm moving right to left [or left to right from boat view]) then basically cartwheel so you invert and spin around the rope and land heelside. its a cool trick, and apparently one of the easier inverts to learn, but still not easy to learn.

SO yeah, that was fun.

Okay, angelle is telling me to get leah dressed. Stace, i'll post more later. :)

3 comments:

Angelle said...

Using dolls to learn tricks really pays off. :) Can't wait to see the video.

Christina said...

Wow...that sounds pretty complicated!

You better hope you keeping having girls for Angelle's sake. If you have a little boy he's probably going to be at the X-Games by 7 :-)

I guess Leah or Erin could be there too, that was pretty sexist!

Keri Donald said...

Huh-huh... you said "i'll get it up for everyone's viewing pleasure"!