Sunday, August 12, 2007

headlamps and drunk dials

So its 1:41 am. Still waiting. Contractions have been going strong since about 8, so 5 hours 40 minutes. I just got back from picking up Cathy (Ang's mom) from the airport. On the way to the airport, i realized i forgot that one of my headlights is out on the corolla. I was too far from home to go back, and i didnt want to get pulled over. I figured i'd just put on my brights and drive with those. I was thinking of the story i would tell the cop if he did pull me over. 'But officer, my wife is at home in labor and i need to get my mother in law before the baby comes, and the baby is coming, and my other daughter is sleeping and my wife cant leave her alone, and shes kinda sick so we dont want to wake her, so you see the predicament and you're wasting my time right now so i'm gonna go now. bye'. not sure how well thatd go over, but luckily i didnt need it, cuz no cops, thank gosh. Then i get to the cell phone waiting area, and get a fun drink dial from Erica. Gotta love erica! APparently her and nikki were drinking sangria while Jason and Sean were in their backyard conservation preservation hunting ground shooting wild boar, pheasants, and quail with either a 12 gauge or a beebee gun. Also Erica likes drunk weeweeing. or maybe wii-wii-ing. i wasnt sure. Then i think she also said she was looking at middle school yearbooks. OH, and nik and erica apparently were mad that I didnt notify them of my blog. WHich brings me to another interesting topic continued in paragraph 2.

So, what is the protocol for notifying your friends of your blog? Am i supposed to call them all? send out personal emails? a mass email? should i get wedding-type invitations and mail them with RSVP cards so people can fill them out and tell me they are definitely going to visit my blog? I just dont know. I'm new to this blogging thing. I really only started it so i could figure out how to modify Angelle's, but then she told me to start posting, and its kinda fun since weve been sitting around a lot the past few days. But i just started it like 2 days ago, so no one should be upset. Also, what has this world come to, when we're so lazy we only write about ourselves on our own site? when my parents were little, they handwrote letters to people. when we were little, we used to call our friends on the phone. Then pagers came out. Then AOL and instant messenger. Then it kinda reverted to normal email (hotmail, yahoo, gmail). THen cell phones came out and phone calls came back into fashion. Then my space, which is sort of email like, but also sorta AOL like. now apparently texting is all the rage (or was that last week?) ANd finally we have reached the ultimate in NOT wanting to interact with our friends. we write about ourselves, and say "if you want to know what i'm doing, YOU visit me. i'm not going to contact you" :) Although the blogger does have comments, so i guess we're still SORTA communicating, and i do give erica and nikki and Zach Stewart props for calling me and angelle tonight.

Also, i think this should be called rantspot.com because most blogs are just ranting about stuff. Is that taken? I should go look that up. Maybe rantspot will make me a billionaire. Google, if you're out there, buy it from me for 5 billion. please.

4 comments:

Keri Donald said...

You're hilarious! I'm looking forward to reading about you (this is my rsvp... Mark 1 for "will attend", and Keith probably won't rsvp because he's Keith so I'll rsvp an "I'll occasionally attend" for him too) because I know I'll get lots of laughs out of your posts! :) Oh yeah, and I want to know what's going on with you... wait... Angelle already kinda tell us that. I'll probably keep reading yours though just so you don't feel bad for writing to and about yourself!

Rhiannon said...

I think a mass email would have been sufficient, but you didn't even do that! Good luck with getting that baby out today!!

Nikki said...

I'm still waiting at my mailbox for my invitation. I hope you chose one with silver foil and raised text. :)

The appropriate thing to have done would have been to send me an email saying "Hey, I have a blog now!" but let everyone else stumble upon it for themselves. :)

The problem with RSS feeds is that I don't look at people's links anymore. Gotta start paying attention to those again I guess.

Can't wait for that call today!!

Drew said...

Yeah, you can't win with the new blog. If you tell everyone, then you're a self-important blow-hard and if you don't tell them, you're a shitty friend.

Anyway, here's mine: .