Saturday, November 24, 2007

GO GATORS! and 3rd cousins

First, big ups to Tim Tebow and the Gators for stomping the 'Noles at home to finish the season. They may not be going to the SEC title game, but neither is Georgia. And LSU is out of the national game! (most likely). Sorry other family, but that makes me smile a little. Hopefully Tebow will win the heisman, but if not, he can come back next year and try for it. I'd like to see 2 national titles in a 3 year span.

Leah met her 3rd cousin Leah today. Kinda funny. Havent known any Leah's and now she has one in her class, and her 3rd cousin is named Leah. Took a trip up to Huntersville where my 2nd cousin lives. I hadnt met them before but her parents and my dad (1st cousins if you havent been following) were both in town and wanted to get a little family thing together. It was fun. The kids got along great and Debbie and Reid (not sure of spelling) were cool. Nice to have family this close. David and Carol (David is my dads cousin) gave me a swiss army knife for my bar mitzvah that I still have. Just thought you'd like to know that.

I'm super wiped today. Played paintball yesterday with the guys, and it was SO much fun. its nice to play in cool weather vs florida's warm nasty weather. I'm crazy sore today though. all the diving behind barrels and crawling through the woods...i miss my 20 year old body.

Oh, and if you're ever in town, i recommend the shrimp with mixed vegetables from New China (its by Food Lion). Its so good.

And to all you faithful blog readers out there, hopefully tomorrow i'll get to record a song, just for you. Its mostly written, but havent had time to record it.

Pass me a halls, my throat hurts.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love family meet up stories! I've met family for the first time at friends' weddings (which always makes me wonder if that means I'm related to the bride & groom).

Anywho...it reminds me: doesn't my aunt know your uncle in some weird 6 degrees of kevin bacon way?

Mike said...

your aunt and my uncle? who is your aunt? and which uncle?

Rachel said...

I vaguely remember my aunt meeting/dropping you &/or your sister off in the neighborhood a block or two away from CCHS. Her name: Monica (lives in Philly)...don't remember who she knew on your side of the family.

maybe she knew a friend of your family's?

Who knows though. The fog that's taken over DE has entered the space between my ears so who knows...