Monday, November 5, 2007

Angelle posts for Mike

Mike no longer has access to Blogger at work so today he emailed me his blog entry to post. That's dedication!

Well it was a good football weekend. Gators throttled Vanderbilt and the Cowboys throttled the Eagles. WOOT.

Angelle and I spent a majority of our time spreading dirt. We got a dumptruck full of topsoil delivered Friday, and i filled up wheel barrow fulls, dumped it, and angelle spread it with the rake. UGGGH. its a lot of work. We're doing this cuz most of our side/backyards are nothing but clay. So i aerated, fertilized, and re-seeded. And i didnt want my hard work to blow away, so i figured topsoil would be good to cover it with.

Between hauling dirt, found time to play with Leah and constantly put Erin to bed. That kid needs more naps that anyone! its kinda crazy. Yeah i know shes a baby, but still. she should be able to be awake for more than 45 minutes before being tired and cranky. shes SOOO cute when shes slept, all smiles and cooing, but when shes cranky shes horrible. UGGH.

On another note, I'd like to thank Laurie and Bryan for having Ian before Leah. Hes about 3 months older, and its crazy to see him do things or go through things and sure enough, about 3 months later, Leah follows. Sleep patterns, eating patterns...its wild. Even certain stories, like Ian coming up with excuses before going to sleep (i'm thirsty, i have a wet diaper, i need my toenails cut) Leah did the same thing a few months later. Also i remember Laurie telling me that Ian once cried cuz his blue dog fell out of bed. he could have gotten it himself, but i guess it was easier to cry about it. Then just a few days ago, Leah cried in the middle of the night cuz her friends (minnie mouse and her baby carol) fell out of bed. I go in at like 1 or 2. Shes sitting on her bed, looking at her friends on the floor right in front of her whining for them. Its half funny but half annoying that i had to get out of bed for that.

For those of you that were concerned, i had a dr appt last thursday for my knee. Xrays didnt show anything broken. Dr said it might just be a cartilege tear. If thats the case, they'd have to do an MRI to make sure, then do some procedure to repair the tear. I decided to hold off and see if it heals. if not, then i might do all that if it doesnt. Dr said it shouldnt get much worse. We'll see. I successfully skated yesterday without really any pain, hopefully i can either live with it, or it just goes away.

I cant believe its November!! 2008 is almost here. what the heck?? does time really go faster as you get older? it sure seems like it. I've also noticed that at every stage of life, i look back at the previous stage and realize how much easier it was. Did that this weekend when Erin wasnt sleeping. I was like "wow, remember life with only 1 kid?". And with Leah, i remember looking back at life with no kids! we must have had SO much free time. When we bought the first house, i remember looking back at renting as easy...and with the first job, i remember looking back at college as easy...etc. Every stage seemed hard as compared to the previous one, but as we move on, they are easier in contrast with where we are. Well for me anyway. I know some people have it crazy tough, and then looking back, their current situation is way better, so for those people, my pampered life doesnt really apply. Life for me overall really is pretty easy and awesome. I hope it is for you too. If not, try to change your perspective. If that doesnt work, I hope you can figure out how to change the things that are making your life prevent you from being happy.

Speaking of being happy, sour patch kids make me very happy. So do Red Vines apparently. they're a better (in my eyes) version of twizzlers. Bryan turned me onto them. Speaking of things I recommend, I also recommend tickling your kid today. Its crazy fun. Also doing puzzles with them is great. Hmm, i think my next blog post will be a list of things I recommend.

Till then...

4 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Go to your Dashboard->Settings->Email and set up your "Mail-to-Blogger Address" so you can still post from work! Screw The Man!

Keri Donald said...

Okay... now that I've gotten past Angelle's part of your post, I have real comments... :)

I think I WILL tickle my kids today. That sounds like fun, and I'm sure Annabelle would love it. I'll tickle Corgan too, but I don't think he's into tickling so much yet.

Yes, time does go by faster as you get older. Think about it... when you're 10 years old, 1 year is a whole 10th of your life, but when you're 30, 1 year is only a 30th of your life so as you get older 1 year is actually a shorter time period in comparison with 1 year at an earlier point in your life. I know, I know... I'm a math dork and always have been, always will be.

stacy said...

you make me laugh

Christina said...

Wow...sounds like you had a busy weekend. At least you have friends out their who are going through the same thing as you. I agree with the easier comments. In five years once our kids are starting to get grown up we're going to be so sad these days are over I bet though!!!!