Monday, February 23, 2009

people are still nice (but some are crazy)

Nice People

So i got to work, found that my 2 drink bottles in my lunch bag had leaked. Not a huge deal, but annoying. Then realized i left my bagel on my counter at home. I brought the butter, cheese, and juice, but no bagel. Then a kind person at work heard me grumbling and offered me one of her bagels! I said, "no, i dont need to eat your food". she said "really its no big deal. i have a whole bag and usually end up throwing away 1 or 2 at the end of the week." so i accepted. so, thanks Danielle!

The crazy people

Visitors to IKEA. OI VEY! seriously, if a store needs traffic cops and attendants directing you to a spot like its Disney World, I probably should not be shopping there. Then you get inside and theres a place to drop your kid off while you shop! kinda cool, but also kinda creepy at the same time. Then you are shepherded around the store on a one way path. MOO. BAAA.

The stuff was kinda neat design-wise, but definitely not worth all the hullabaloo that everyone is making. (good word huh?) I will say it was clean design. not overly ornate, and not Sauder from walmart.

But swimming with Leah yesterday afternoon, definitely made up for the sillyness at IKEA. I took a bunch of pictures of the awesome Swedish words, so those will show up soon.

1 comment:

Angelle said...

Glad you found a bagel, honey...