Sunday, January 25, 2009

Daddy Daughter Daughter weekend

Well, its only half over, but so far its going well. If you read my blog, I'm sure you read Angelle's and know she's in Savannah this weekend with Mandi/Stacy for a girls trip. I talked to her last night and sounds like they're having a blast! Food, Pedicures and Ghost Tours oh my!

The kids have been really good, so it has been great. Well, except for mornings...

Saturday Morning

Leah walks in at 6:25 whimpering cuz she had a pee-pee accident in her jammies, in her bed. WHEEE! I clean her up, and we get back in our bed and lay for about a half hour till Erin wakes up.

Sunday Morning

Erin starts talking at 5:25. (what is it with the :25's?). When she does this, typicall we just turn down the monitor some and go back to sleep cuz she often puts herself back to sleep. Well, she didnt. I waited till 7, since she was just talking, and not crying, but finally got her. 7 is my 'wait till' time. I still am surprised (and angry) that she didnt go back to sleep. I was hoping she would fall back asleep at like 6, then sleep till 8. wishful thinking.

Besides the mornings...

Other than the mornings, its been good. We've played with the Maddexes a bunch, and Laurie cooked us dinner Friday night, and made us lunch Saturday. We've also done puzzles, ridden bikes, drew chalk, played chase, rolled around in the grass, played stickers, played at McDonalds playplace, played at Target, played at WalMart, watched Tinkerbell,and eaten pizza. (I bet verb tense changed a few times in there. i dont care. been up for almost 2 hours).

I think I get it now

I always thought it was funny that Angelle blogged so much, but I think i get it. I have been on the computer more this weekend than normal. Even if its just for a few moments, I have gone on facebook or gmail to see if there are other people i can say hi to! You just need some non-kid contact. I guess I don't really HOW valuable that is for me during the day. So blogging and being online is a sort of break from kid-world, even if just for a few moments.

Also, yesterday, I felt the pull of Target!! It's like some weird parenting magnetic force! it was overcast and kinda 'eh' weather-wise all day, so at about 4, I just wanted to get out, and for some reason, the first place i thought of was to just go mess around at Target. YIKES!!! I think there needs to be some other places in Monroe that are non-shopping related. Even if you go to 'mess around' and dont plan on buying anything, its all right there in your face.

So yeah, the 2 thinks that I laugh (or Angelle might say 'harp') about with Angelle being a stay at home mom, I think I sorta get now. And it only took 1.5 days! I'm a fast learner, huh?

Denouement

Its been fun hanging out with the girls, but Angelle, we miss you! At least i've been able to play some adult games with Bryan, Laurie, Tiff, and Brandon.


Random Shout Out: MIN! Wazzup?!

4 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Wow... it sounds like you really DO get it! It is crazy how much adult interaction- even if it's totally electronic and even one-sided- makes such a difference in your sanity when you mainly are dealing with kids all day! Even having all of these workers here lately has been a big help (which may be part of why I haven't blogged as much lately). :)

And Target... yeah... it pretty much rules! :)

Good job Daddy!

Rhiannon said...

Now you can't make fun of me for going to Target so much anymore!!

Sounds like you had some great bonding time with the girls!

megAstar said...

Is that why I got a call from my future self warning me not to drink the coffee?
Sorry I missed the opportunity to be your adult interaction!

Angelle said...

Thanks for everything babe! You are the best!