Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Angry Lunch




I don't recall if I blogged about the BK Whopper Sacrifice, but I thought it was hilarious so i tried it.

You sacrifice 10 of your facebook friends and you get mailed a coupon for a free whopper. Sounds awesome right? Just get rid of some peeps who you thought were cool, but after reading their status updates (or lack thereof) realized they are worth less than 1/10th of a whopper.

So I got my coupon a few days ago, and was happy thinking about my free whopper i was going to enjoy today. BUT apparently the Burger King in uptown charlotte does NOT participate in coupon programs. WHAT?!? I know it says participation may vary, but i thought that was legal nonsense. What kinda crap is that? I was so angry, that I took off my yamaka, and flung it at the lady like a frisbee, slicing her head off (oddjob style).

Well okay, that last part wasnt true (i only wear my yamaka on Shabbat), but I was angry. I told her she just lost my business for life. She of course said something in some language that may or may not have been a local dialect of english (i'm not racist, its the troof), and i stormed off.

I ended up getting a couple snack wraps from McD's on my way back to my office.

So, be wary of this coupon! Maybe normal restaurants take it, but Charlotte CATS BK sure doesnt! BOOOOOOOOOOO!

3 comments:

Keri Donald said...

That sucks dude!

That makes me wonder though, I wonder if that scam is part of their "Angry" marketing? Maybe none of the coupons work? Do you know anyone else who had success with it?

Mike said...

I havent heard if anyone else has used one yet. That would be pretty ridic though!

Mandi said...

Sooo... who did you feel was worth deleting as friends on facebook? I hope it wasn't me, because that would make me ANGRY!