Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Race for the Cure Training update

For all you gracious hearted donors out there who have donated to my Race for the Cure (5k) to support Breast Cancer awareness, here is a training update!

Last week I ran 3 miles in 33:54. I forgot about the extra .12 miles to make it a full 5k.

Today, i ran a full 5k in 33:20! I was SUPER amped. It was with a double jogging stroller too! I really pushed it and kinda felt like i was gonna throw up afterwards, but it still felt good.

My neighborhood is actually pretty good to run in, cuz there's not a lot of cars on the streets, and its got some decent inclines up and down for the mile loop I do.

1 and a half weeks left till the race. Thanks so much to everyone that has contributed. (not trying to make the others feel guilty, just trying to make the contributors feel good :) ) seriously, seriously, no guilt trips. Thats not how i roll (points interweb digital finger at Dad) [(huh? NO! i'm not insinuating anything!! what would make you think that?)]

Anyway, its a great cause, so at least go check it out (if you havent already)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"interweb digital finger"

...you're such a computer geek! (if Jimmy heard me say that, he would reply, "This from the girl who reads blogs about Supreme Court decisions." =)

Nikki said...

Nice work, Mike! And taking both girls with you. Double points. :) See you in TWO weeks!!