Monday, February 25, 2008

Good Free CMS?

TO any techies reading this blog, do you know of or have you used a free Content Management system to set up a website? I have looked at Joomla but am not super impressed. We are setting up a website for our Charlotte User Experience group. I would love to use Sharepoint, but alas, its not free.

In other news, well theres not a whole lot of news. In training this week which is kinda neat. Its for Sharepoint Designer, which is basically the new MS FrontPage but with added features.

We got a bed for Leah over the weekend. A twin size daybed with trundle. wont be in till April though.

Leah said something funny at dinner. She said I had little dumpies. And ERin had dumpies too. We finally realized she meant 'dimples'. Apparently angelle had said Erin and I had small dimples but leah and her didnt. pretty funny.

Also, has anyone had a 7 layer burrito from Taco Bell lately? I remembered them being better than they are. Crunchwrap supremes are still really good. They're good to go.

In other food news, Honey Chipotle boneless chicken wings from Chilis are AWESOME. SO are their new mini burgers. What is it with small things? Small humans (aka babies)? Cute. Puppies? Cute. Kittens? Cute. Mini burgers? well, not cute, but tasty. The only thing that i've noticed tastes better bigger than smaller, is cookies. Cookie cakes are far superior to their normal sized (small) counterparts.

Can anyone recommend some good movies to get from Netflix? Our Queue is getting small. Comedies, adventure, suspense, anything?

Wow, i guess i had more news that i thought. Sometimes when you start babbling about nothing, a whole lotta nothing comes out.

7 comments:

Erica Lynn said...

I'd say take a look at Drupal - http://drupal.org/ I've looked at that and joomla for the hive site (eventually) and I think drupal seemed a little easier .. but its been awhile since i looked at both of them.

I just listed a bunch of movies I want to see .. maybe there's something on that list you might want .. oh but most of them arent on video yet :P oh well.

Mirdonamy said...

I use wordpress for my website: www.ariellehaze.com

I do enjoy Taco Bell's 7-Layer, but it's about 500 calories, so I usually avoid it. They are still good at the Taco Bell near me. Your tastebuds may be evolving past fast food though! Let's all hope for that!

Movies... well, I have no clue what you've already seen, but Michael Clayton was awesome! Skip No Country for Old Men (terrible). I am not sure if you've seen Amelie (older movie), but it's amazing... I have no clue why I just thought of that. Let me see...

I really liked Across the Universe. Beowulf was better in Imax3D (so only see it if your TV is as large as the Konickis'). Into the Wild was amazing!!! Amazing amazing! Be prepared for a long movie though! Worth every minute! I also loved Stardust, so if you haven't seen that, add it to the que. Pirates 3 is always fun. Elysia is in the first 30 seconds of the movie too!

Hmm, I think that's it for now. Well, have a great day!

Erica Lynn said...

Oh also .. apparently The Onion uses drupal .. so there's one good reason to try it out :)

Rachel said...

We just returned 2 Days in Paris and thought it was pretty funny (except for the last 30 minutes). Amelie is definitly a fav...Hope you're doing well!

Keri Donald said...

You could make it a goal to go through AFI's Top 100 Movies of All Time list? :)

Nikki said...

I'm in the process of evaluating Drupal. Should actually be knee deep in Drupal sometime today (if my sick child ever takes a nap!). I'll send you an email about it later tonight or tomorrow.

Wish you had posted about the Honey Chipotle boneless wings a couple days ago. We just got Chilis takeout two nights ago and got the Shanghai boneless wings and I wasn't crazy about them. Oh well.

Brittany said...

I loved Old Country for Old Men and Michael Clayton. Stay as far away as possible from Atonement. Also, Gone Baby Gone was really good.