Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Some Jewish Info




So, I just finished watching Annie Hall, apparently a classic of Woody Allen's, and I now understand my friend John A LOT more. Woody's humor is dry and intelligent and hes very nervous and self deprecating. I also see a lot of Seinfeld/George/Kramer in Woody's character Alvy Singer.

The movie was set in New York, and I definitely thought about a lot of my family up there doing all the New York and Jewy stuff. And also thought of all the Yiddish I used to hear growing up. So in honor of my mom, here is a list of lots of great Yiddish words for you to use to impress your Jewish friends at your next dinner party. I also highly recommend serving gefilte fish and salmon croquettes while using these terms. If you dont read this list, you are meshuggener and I will come over and kick your tuchus you shlamiel! Oy Vey!

Speaking of Oy Vey, we had a bad storm today and it blew Leah's swingset over. Kablam. that should be fun to try and stand back up...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE Woody Allen flicks, and am supposed to have Manhattan in today's mail from Netflix.

Have you seen the book Yiddish with George and Laura?? How's this for fitting...I had no idea shmegegge was a real term...

megAstar said...

The only Woody Allen movie I've seen is Match Point, which I thought was terrible.
Happy (belated) B'Day to a much more entertaining Jew. : )