Thursday, June 12, 2008

good deed?

So i gave a stranger a ride home today. I was driving home from skating after work, and stopped at a CVS to grab a gatorade. On my way back to my car, this girl (seemed to be mid 20's) asked me for a ride home. She said she'd been waiting for a few hours for her ride. I asked her how far she lived, and if she had any guns or knives in her purse. After she said no, i decided to believe her, and let her in my car. I figured, best case, i help someone. worst case, she steals my car, i get a new one. Well, i guess worst worst case is she lied about not having a gun, pulls out a gun, and in a fit of crazy rage shoots me...but with my lightning fast reflexes, i figured i could either dodge, jump out of the car, talk her down, or punch the gun out of her hand.

ANyways, in the car she asked to use my cell phone. Twice. She didnt say please, but she did say thank you. She was an odd sort. WHile she was on my phone i heard "hey is naomi there? naomi. NAOMI. what? where is she? that b!t#h has my cell phone!" click. conversation two consisted of "hey [some weird name]. I'll be home in a few. No, some guy. I dont know where he is. bye."

So i drop her off, she says thanks, and i continue to head home.

Life is pretty interesting sometimes.

THen i got to play with Leah and Erin on the playground a little cuz my board meeting (aka wakeboarding) was cancelled tonight. poop.

Heard a funny joke on the radio today. Father's day is a holiday, but its not as important as Mother's day. Its not as good as Mothers day, but better than Arbor day. but way closer to Arbor day. There's a reason Father's day is the only holiday in June. Its cuz all dad wants is a month without holidays! Just one month were we dont have to buy someone a card.

Unless of course your friends' parents were inconsiderate enough to conceive your friends 9 months before June. Those jerks. (love ya Erica and Megan and Elena and umm...anyone else born in June? Chris?)

PeAcE

4 comments:

Christina said...

Your blog is always good for a laugh :-)

I'm glad that you were not murdered by your hitchhiker!!

megAstar said...

a) you're such a tough guy for giving some ho a ride home, but good for you.
b) you're welcome for being born in June. Glad I can bring a celebration to an otherwise boring month!

stacy said...

seriously, what were you thinking????

Rhiannon said...

Glad you didn't have to use your lightning fast reflexes.